I’ve finally made a start on the Elisalex dress and I’m damn excited to be using the fabulous purple taffeta (!!) that has been hidden away far too long.
Why yes, that is a velvet flocked spot you see.
And yes, I have been listening to music from the eighties again. Let’s hope I don’t find any tulle.
After deciding to make the Watson Jacket for the Gridlock Sewing Competition, Sunday night I went right ahead and cut out the pattern in a small. Yep, I cut out the pattern with NO TRACING! (I hear you gasping).
With the 3rd of April deadline looming I was spurred on by the number of pieces. Basically I got lazy and couldn’t fathom tracing all 15 of them.
Heady at the recklessness of it all (and possibly the beer), I saved the fabric cutting for the next morning. I still need to cut the lining and fuse the interfacing before I get started on this sucker. The instructions read well and I’m hopeful this will go together quickly once I get to the machine.
I have also decided I absolutely MUST make a Elisalex Dress while By Hand London have their sewalong happening. What….that could totally happen. I’ll make it work.
Image: By Hand London