Watson Jacket baby – done did! I totally sewed the hell out of this pattern.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was cutting this deadline fine, lots of great garments are popping up on the Pinterest board right now. With 33 minutes to spare I emailed these appalling photos to Tessuti. Natural light – who needs it!
Well obviously me, rather desperately. This is what you get for leaving it to the last minute…again.
I’d like to make this one again, but in a black fabric with a less jaunty capelet and no sleeves.
I’m not going to lie, this fabric is not me. But it was good to have this challenge as a motivator.
Oh, and it’s bigger on the inside. Well I say bigger, I mean lined.
After spending 2 weeks on my dining room table this sucker is done. The verdict – I freaking love it! This is the second Victory Pattern I’ve used and again no major modifications were needed. I cut a size 8 and pretty much followed the instructions step by step. This was a nice easy project, aimed at beginners. Nothing was too challenging here, even the curved sleeve hems were stress free.
The only thing I did different was to reinforce the button holes at the sides.
Skinny 2 inch long fusible interfacing to renforce buttonhole. It’s not visible from the outside.
The Satsuki reminds me of the Black Milk butterfly top, except it’s not quite as slinky. However the cotton/ rayon blend does have some good drape going on.
The fabric I picked up by chance from the remnant pile. I scored 2.6 metres for half the original cost. Addicted to Fabric win!
I’m just going to go ahead and post a bunch of out of focus photos now. This is what you get for engaging a 7 year old photographer. I resisted the urge to pretty them up with fuzzy, shiny filters.
Happy days x
Oh my glob Melissa!
Shut up and take my money!